Thursday, July 29, 2010

Second Review - 29th July, 2010.

The second review meeting happened today, Thursday, 29th July, 2010.
The feedback the panel gave me was on three things that I showed them-

1. Style and Background explorations:
The more saturated and sepia look which had high contrast looked most suitable and could be used in the background for the room in the final cut.
There was a discussion about what I want to use for the bathroom shots and how I want to balance it with the room background colors, also keeping in mind that I dont overdo it.
The character painted on Photoshop was prefered as compared to the one drawn in Flash. I need to find a balance in between them.

2.Script:
The script was accepted but I was told to take a note again on how the story flows as a narrative and if I can introduce changes in such a way that the story is more layered, maybe even with more twists and turns. There was a thought given to using dialogues to provide layers to the story.
All this wasnt stressed upon too much, but I still think its better if I work on it.

3.Storyboard:
The first rough storyboard raised some questions about camera angles in the scenes of the room, as most of them seemed like eye-level angles. That is something I need to work on.
I have to now do a second storyboard which will be closer to the actual look of the film, and will be put into the animatic too.

Other than all the above, since I have now found my actor, I need to work on proper and final character explorations, and also generate a 5-10sec clip which will show how everything is going to look, with the actual character in it, and properly rendered backgrounds too.

New Resources:
Paul Wells-Basic Animation Scriptwriting.
Henry James-The Turn of The Screw.
James Joyce-The Dead.
Edward Gorey-Amphigorey(15 Books).

Next Review Tuesday morning, 3rd August, 9am.
I have to have rough Animatic (possibly with scratch sound) ready by Monday so I can show it in the next review.

                                                                                -----------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment